loading
Documents

Research.Publish.Connect.

Paper

Paper Unlock

Author: Florian Nottorf

Affiliation: Leuphana University, Germany

ISBN: 978-989-8565-72-3

Keyword(s): Online Advertising, User-journey, Consumer Behavior, Purchasing Probabilities, Clickstream Data, Bayesian Analyis, Mixture of Normals.

Related Ontology Subjects/Areas/Topics: Artificial Intelligence ; Business Models ; Business Process Management ; Business-It Alignment ; e-Business ; Enterprise Engineering ; Enterprise Information Systems ; Knowledge Management and Information Sharing ; Knowledge-Based Systems ; Model Driven Development ; Sustainable e-Business ; Symbolic Systems ; Technology Platforms ; Transaction Support

Abstract: With an increase in the potential to allocate financial online advertising spending, managers are facing a sophisticated decision and allocation process. We developed a binary logit model with a Bayesian mixture approach to address consumers’ buying decision processes and to account for the effects of multiple online advertising channels. By analyzing data from a medium-sized online mail order business, we found inherent differences in the effects of consumer clicks on purchasing probabilities across multiple advertising channels. We developed an alternative approach to account for the different attribution of success of advertising channels—the average success probability (ASP). Compared to standardized metrics, we found paid search advertising to be overestimated and retargeting display advertising to be underestimated. We further found that the mixture approach is useful for considering heterogeneity in the individual propensity of consumers to purchase; for the majority of consume rs (more than 90%), repeated clicks on advertisements decrease their probability of purchasing. In contrast with this segment, we found a smaller segment of consumers (nearly 10%) whose clicks on advertisements increase conversion probabilities. Our approaches will help managers to better understand consumer online search and buying behavior over time and to allocate financial spending more efficiently across multiple types of online advertising. (More)

PDF ImageFull Text

Download
Sign In Guest: Register as new SciTePress user now for free.

Sign In SciTePress user: please login.

PDF ImageMy Papers

You are not signed in, therefore limits apply to your IP address 54.221.9.6

In the current month:
Recent papers: 100 available of 100 total
2+ years older papers: 200 available of 200 total

Paper citation in several formats:
Nottorf F. (2013). Which Clicks Lead to Conversions? - Modeling User-journeys Across Multiple Types of Online Advertising.In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Data Communication Networking, 10th International Conference on e-Business and 4th International Conference on Optical Communication Systems - Volume 1: ICE-B, (ICETE 2013) ISBN 978-989-8565-72-3, pages 141-152. DOI: 10.5220/0004504901410152

@conference{ice-b13,
author={Florian Nottorf},
title={Which Clicks Lead to Conversions? - Modeling User-journeys Across Multiple Types of Online Advertising},
booktitle={Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Data Communication Networking, 10th International Conference on e-Business and 4th International Conference on Optical Communication Systems - Volume 1: ICE-B, (ICETE 2013)},
year={2013},
pages={141-152},
publisher={SciTePress},
organization={INSTICC},
doi={10.5220/0004504901410152},
isbn={978-989-8565-72-3},
}

TY - CONF

JO - Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Data Communication Networking, 10th International Conference on e-Business and 4th International Conference on Optical Communication Systems - Volume 1: ICE-B, (ICETE 2013)
TI - Which Clicks Lead to Conversions? - Modeling User-journeys Across Multiple Types of Online Advertising
SN - 978-989-8565-72-3
AU - Nottorf F.
PY - 2013
SP - 141
EP - 152
DO - 10.5220/0004504901410152

Login or register to post comments.

Comments on this Paper: Be the first to review this paper.